Sewing is the craft of fastening or attaching objects using stitches made with a needle and thread. Sewing is one of the oldest of the textile arts, arising in the Paleolithic era. Before the invention of spinning yarn or weaving fabric, archaeologists believe Stone Age people across Europe and Asia sewed fur and skin clothing using bone, antler or ivory needles and "thread" made of various animal body parts including sinew, catgut, and veins.
For thousands of years, all sewing was done by hand. The invention of the sewing machine in the 19th century and the rise of computerization in the 20th century led to mass production and export of sewn objects, but hand sewing is still practiced around the world. Fine hand sewing is a characteristic of high-quality tailoring, haute couture fashion, and custom dressmaking, and is pursued by both textile artists and hobbyists as a means of creative expression.
The first known use of the word "sewing" was in the 14th century.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What's the good quality of the shoulder bag?
- What kinds of accessories are used to make back...
- Ladies Cosmetic Bag Custom essential knowledge
- Cosmetic Bag customization needs attention to d...
- How to choose the right makeup bag for your lady
- Which material is better than the cosmetic bag
- Backpack tips, to do a healthy backpack family
- Tips for using different types of bags
- Backpack Tips
- Three types of backpacks
- A few tips for bag maintenance
- The development of bag
- Luggage industry prospects
- Why do women love to buy bags
- How many kinds of bag fabric do you know
- The difference between cosmetic bag and toiletr...